in houston, tx
BORIS MALESPIN, DDS
Orthodontics for children in Houston can provide many benefits. When children have straight teeth, they are less likely to have problems with their bite, gum disease, and tooth decay. In addition, straight teeth are easier to clean, which can lead to better overall oral health. Orthodontics can also improve a child’s self-esteem and confidence.
While there is no exact age for children to begin orthodontic treatment, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends visiting the orthodontist around age seven.
By this age, most children have a mix of baby teeth and adult teeth, making it easier for the orthodontist to diagnose and correct tooth and jaw problems sooner and without surgery.
EARLY TREATMENT ALLOWS YOUR ORTHODONTIST TO:
- Correct and guide the growth of your child’s jaw to help the permanent teeth come in straight.
- Regulate the width of the upper and lower arches.
- Create more space for crowded teeth.
- Avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions later in life.
- Correct thumb-sucking and help improve minor speech problems.
For parents, it’s not always easy to know if your child may need orthodontic treatment.
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS TO LOOK FOR THAT MAY MEAN YOUR CHILD NEEDS TO SEE AN ORTHODONTIST:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth.
- A hard time chewing or biting food.
- Mouth breathing.
- Finger or thumb sucking.
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked teeth.
- Jaws that pop or make sounds when opening and closing.
- Teeth that come together abnormally, or do not come together at all.
- Jaws and teeth that are not proportionate to the rest of the face.
- Crowded front teeth around age seven or eight.
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE PRICE OF ORTHODONTICS FOR CHILDREN IN HOUSTON, TEXAS?
There are a few factors that determine the overall cost of orthodontic treatment. The length of treatment and the type of orthodontic treatment you choose will impact the overall cost. In order to get an accurate price, it’s best to get an orthodontic evaluation at Complete Dental. We offer a variety of orthodontic treatments, and our experienced orthodontists will work with you to create a treatment plan that fits your needs and budget. Call us today to schedule an appointment!
INTERESTED IN ORTHODONTICS FOR CHILDREN IN HOUSTON? CALL US TODAY!
These are just a few of the benefits of orthodontics for children in Houston. If you think your child might benefit from orthodontic treatment, we encourage you to schedule a consultation at our office. We’ll be happy to assess your child’s individual needs and recommend the best course of action. Contact us today!