in houston, tx
BORIS MALESPIN, DDS
FOR ADULTS IN HOUSTON
Orthodontic treatments are no longer just for teens. In fact, the American Association of Orthodontists cites that one in five orthodontic patients is over the age of 21. Many adults in Houston are choosing to receive treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance. Adults everywhere are taking advantage of the opportunity to receive orthodontic care, and now you can too.
COMMON REASONS WHY ADULTS IN HOUSTON ARE CONSIDERING ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT
- A bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly.
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly causing tooth decay or gum disease.
- Abnormal jaw pain, or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth.
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile.
TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR ADULTSS
For many adults in Houston, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. However, today’s orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs. Types of braces include:
- Clear braces.
- Ceramic braces.
- Self-ligating braces.
- Lingual (behind the tooth) braces.
- Invisible braces.
- Traditional metal braces.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ADULT ORTHODONTICS AND ORTHODONTICS FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS:
The main difference to remember when treating adults or children and teens is that in younger patients the jawbones are still developing. For adults, these bones have stopped growing, which may mean the possibility of orthognathic surgery to align the jawbones. Other differences include:
- Gum or bone loss (periodontal disease) — Adults are more likely than children to experience gum recession or even bone loss due to gingivitis or advanced periodontal disease. Patients with straighter teeth are less likely to get gum disease.
- Worn or missing teeth — Over time teeth can become worn down and shift into different positions that can only be corrected with orthodontic care. Missing teeth can cause other teeth to shift and tilt, creating a bad bite and increasing the possibility of gum disease.
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen — Many adults received some orthodontic treatment as a child or teen but never completed their treatment. As an adult, they choose to complete their orthodontic treatment to achieve the healthy, beautiful smile they always wanted.
Our practice also recognizes that adults and children have different needs, and require a different level of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments and that your needs are met with understanding and respect from us.
WHY SHOULD YOU CONSIDER ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT?
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics please contact our practice to schedule an appointment. We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible.
- Clear aligners are virtually invisible
- Smooth comfortable plastic aligners
- Aligners are removable for easy cleaning
- Eat whatever you want
(We are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected Invisalign® or Sirona.)
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE PRICE OF ORTHODONTICS FOR ADULTS IN HOUSTON, TEXAS?
There are a few factors that determine the overall cost of orthodontics for adults in Houston, Texas – the length of treatment and the type of orthodontic treatment you choose will impact the overall cost. In order to get an accurate price, it’s best to get an orthodontic evaluation at Complete Dental. Our orthodontists will be able to recommend the best type of orthodontic treatment for your individual needs and give you a more precise estimate of the cost.
However, in general, orthodontic treatment for adults tends to be more expensive than for children or teenagers since adults often require more complex treatment. That being said, orthodontic treatment is a worthwhile investment that can have a lasting impact on your oral health and self-confidence – so don’t let cost deter you from getting the smile you’ve always wanted!
INTERESTED IN ORTHODONTICS FOR ADULTS IN HOUSTON, TEXAS?
If you’re interested in orthodontics for adults in Houston, give us a call. Our experienced professionals will be happy to answer any questions you may have and provide you with a free consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!