Full & Partial
in houston, tx
BORIS MALESPIN, DDS
Dentistry is all about smiles, and having a confident, healthy, beautiful smile is also important for patients who wear dentures. Our practice provides personalized denture services that meet the needs and comfort levels of our patients in Houston. All of our patients are unique and we create one-of-a-kind dentures that feel good and look natural.
Dentures are natural-looking removable replacement teeth. There are two types of dentures: full and partial.
Full or Complete Dentures are given to patients when all their natural teeth have been removed. Complete dentures can be either conventional or immediate. Conventional full dentures are placed in the mouth after teeth have been removed and gum tissue has healed, which can take from 8 to 12 weeks. The immediate full denture is made in advance and placed as soon as teeth have been removed. As a result, the person wearing it does not have to be without teeth during the healing period. Since bones and gums shrink during the teeth removal healing period, frequent adjustments may be required during the first couple of months of use.
- Partial Dentures are considered a removable alternative to bridges. These are attached to a gum-colored plastic base that connects to a metal frame that holds the denture in the mouth. Partial dentures are used to fill where permanent teeth have been removed.
- A fixed bridge can be used to replace one or more teeth. Crowns are placed on teeth, on either side and hold artificial teeth to them, making a bridge that is cemented into place. A partial denture will prevent other teeth from changing position.
- A precision partial denture is removable and has internal attachments rather than clasps that attach to adjacent crowns. This is a more natural-looking appliance.
HOW DO I KNOW IF DENTURES ARE THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR ME?
Dentures are not for everyone. If you’re in Houston and interested in learning more if dentures are right for you, please schedule an appointment. Our team will be happy to answer your questions , together we can determine the best treatment for your dental health. For an alternative to dentures, please check Dental Implants.
CARING FOR YOUR DENTURES
Dentures, just like natural teeth, require daily maintenance to stay clean and keep bacteria from growing inside of your mouth.
- Your dentures are not immune to plaque and tartar build-up, so it’s important that you brush your dentures every day. To brush your dentures, use a soft-bristled brush and gently brush the surfaces of the dentures being careful not to break or bend the plastic. Between brushings, it’s important to rinse your dentures after each meal.
- When handling dentures, stand over a clean, folded towel or a sink full of water. This way, if you accidentally drop them, they are less likely to break.
- Use a gentle cleanser to clean your dentures. Many kinds of toothpaste, household cleaners, and mouthwashes can be too hard, so it is recommended that you use a mild hand or dish soap to get your dentures clean. Be sure to check for the American Dental Association (ADA) seal of approval to choose products that are safe for your dentures, or ask your dentist about which products may be best for you.
- When you are not wearing dentures, they need to be kept moist. Dentures that are not kept in a denture cleaning solution or in water can dry out, lose their shape or even crack and break. Certain styles of dentures require certain soaking solutions, so be sure to ask your dentist which solution is best for you.
- Even if you have a full set of dentures, it’s important to keep your gums and tongue clean. Be sure to use a soft-bristled brush to gently clean your gums and tongue every day.
WHAT IS THE AVERAGE PRICE FOR DENTURES IN HOUSTON, TEXAS?
There are a few factors that determine the overall cost of dentures. The type of denture, the materials used, and the complexity of the denture all play a role in the final price. To get an accurate price for dentures in Houston, Texas, we recommend visiting Complete Dental for a consultation. We will be able to give you a more accurate estimate based on your specific needs. Thanks for choosing Complete Dental!
WHY CHOOSE COMPLETE DENTAL FOR YOUR DENTURE TREATMENT?
There are many reasons to choose Complete Dental for your denture treatment. First and foremost, our team is highly experienced and skilled in providing quality dentures that look and feel great. We also use the latest technology and materials to ensure a perfect fit and long-lasting results. Plus, we offer a variety of denture options to suit every need and budget. So if you’re looking for quality dentures in Houston, Complete Dental is your best bet!
INTERESTED IN DENTURES IN HOUSTON? CONTACT US!
Ready to get your smile back? Dentures can give you the confidence to eat your favorite foods and smile with ease again. If you’re interested in dentures in Houston, contact us today. Our team of experts will work with you to find the best solution for your needs and help restore your confident smile.
Have Questions? (281) 449-1053
Get Your Dental Health in Order Today!
Creating and maintaining a healthy and beautiful smile will improve your life quality.