Orthodontics for Children
By this age, most children have a mix of baby teeth and adult teeth, making it easier for the orthodontist to diagnose and correct tooth and jaw problems sooner and without surgery.
Early treatment allows your orthodontist to:
- Correct and guide the growth of your child’s jaw to help the permanent teeth come in straight.
- Regulate the width of the upper and lower arches.
- Create more space for crowded teeth.
- Avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions later in life.
- Correct thumb-sucking and help improve minor speech problems.
For parents, it’s not always easy to know if your child may need orthodontic treatment.